In golf technology has changed both the way a player plays, as well as the way we look. The game of golf demands that style blend with functionality. You can look fabulous in that crazy ensemble – but can you play? Assuming you want to be able to hang with your foursome – you will want to take a look at what you are wearing on the links. Throughout the evolution of golf fashion – think Hogan in a sweater vest to Fowler in his Sunday orange – for the amateur the spirit of golf attire has remained the same – businesslike.
1. First you will want to make sure you are complying with the rules of the course you at which you are playing. Once your tee-times are made – take a look at their website there will be clear instructions regarding dress – this typically prohibits denim in any form – which is amusing…who can swing in a pair of jeans.
2. Think about who you will be playing with – are they close friends? Business associates? Potential clients?
3. Take into account the weather conditions – bring along layers in cooler climates and your raingear on the day you’re playing with the friend that won’t give up in any condition
4. Ladies – at most courses women are asked to wear blouses with sleeves or sleeveless blouses with collars – but the polo shirt remains the standard. You don’t have to feel like you are in a style rut – there are so many great looking options out there today – you can comply with the etiquette and still show you are a fashionista while sinking that putt!
5. Last – but not least – the most important item you should include is sunscreen – men…even if you are wearing a hat – be sure to load up and remember the tops of your ears!