You fancy, huh?
So homecoming 2014 is fast approaching and the dress choices are too much to comprehend – shake it off – you’ve got this. Sure everyone is still showing the Cinderella dress, the high/low dress and the requisite little cut-out number that is unlikely to make it past parental approval – but come on – you can step up your style and knock their socks off.
1) First are the throw-back choices that read like a walk through the decades – these styles have been reimagined for 2014 and are sure to bring the stands to their feet.
The Forties Floral – this look is all about that waist – cinched with an exaggerated sleeve translated in a
retro floral pattern – channel Veronica Lake and break out your hot rollers for some vintage waves – pair with great costume diamonds and before the night is over you may just have a tiara to complete the look.
The Sixties Mod Shift – sure this classic silhouette may not seem like much but it lends itself to your bang, bang – add a stack of bangles, a statement necklace and edgy ankle boots and you’ve made it your own.
The Seventies Graphic – think Missoni’s iconic print – break free with this look – it can be found in a maxi or a short flirty baby doll dress with a keyhole neck – careful with this one though – don’t pair with boots or you’ll look like you’ve dressed for a costume party – make dancing the night away easy and wear your ballet flats.
2) The Checkered or Plaid Print evokes a London school girl feel – boom clap this look and make it punk rock with a leather jacket or motorcycle boots
3) Go glam in Metallic Mini – this glossy fad was ubiquitous on the runways – from shiny dresses to slick accessories – you’re sure to turn heads and be on trend with this look.
4) Embrace your Inner Girly-Girl in a coquettish A-line – the best thing about this shape is it flatters all body types – go for a bright color – almost every designer showed power pastels for fall.
5) Lace – you can take this look from short, sweet, and frilly all the way to a granny-chic maxi – it works to suit every style – you can break out your motorcycle boots here to edge things up or go with it and pair with your high heel pumps and bright lips.
6) Polka-Dots and Stars – start a fire and shut it down with either print – polka dots for fall were all over Marc Jacobs show – they never go out of style and today’s translation is leaning neutral which is always chic. Stars – over the moon for this pattern – it is unexpected, has all the features of the polka dot – but you are less likely to run in to yourself on the dance floor.
You have two hands, one beating heart – you’ll be alright – don’t make this harder than it has to be – pick a dress that fits your style and rock it out!